Shuttle Driver Job Description
Your role as a shuttle driver is so important. You are such an important face of the company and will have a huge impact on the customers’ overall experience at Honest Accurate Auto Service because you’ll by talking with them and spending quality time with them in the shuttle vehicle as they go to and from the shop. Here you will build a relationship with the customer that represents our high standards of customer service with a personal touch. It is key to communicate with them and to represent Honest Accurate as a company in a good light.
Primary Function: The Driver/Facility Assistant will provide a safe, professional, courteous customer shuttle service by way of delivering and picking up customers using the shuttle vehicle as needed. This position will also provide assistance in all areas of Honest Accurate Auto including but not limited to the shop, office area, customer waiting room, restrooms, break areas, parts room, outside lot area and outside building.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the assistant. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required by the employee. Employee may perform other duties as assigned.
Provide safe, courteous, professional shuttle service to customers at all times.
Perform daily clean-up duties in the office area, customer waiting room, restrooms, break areas and parts room to include emptying trash, window cleaning as needed, sweeping, vacuuming and washing floors as appropriate and clean restrooms fixtures as needed with proper cleaning solutions. This position will be responsible to help keep the customer waiting area a pleasant, clean and inviting environment.
These services should be completed in a thorough, professional and timely manner without sacrificing quality. You must work in a cooperative manner as a team with all other employees, managers, and office personnel. You may also be asked to perform other duties deemed necessary and/or appropriate by management or owners.
In addition, all employees are expected to:
- Promote teamwork and cooperative efforts.
- Help train and give guidance to other employees when appropriate.
- Maintain clean, safe and unobstructed work areas, practice good safety habits, and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
- Provide both internal and external customers with the highest quality of products and services.
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes.
- Promote a positive and professional atmosphere.
- Maintain a neat professional appearance along with safe attire (appropriate dress, shoes, safety equipment, etc.).
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A valid Colorado driver’s license and a clean driving record will be a requirement at initial hiring. This valid Colorado driver’s license and clean driving record must be maintained. Not maintaining a license and clean record will be grounds for immediate termination.
- Ability to read and understand written or oral instructions.
- Ability to use basic hand or power tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to chronologically file by numbers and by alphabet.
- Required to bend, stoop, reach or remain standing for extended periods of time.
- Required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- No known allergies to industrial chemicals used in the work area.
- Requires good or correctable eyesight.
- Required to participate in medical training/screening or monitoring programs.
- Required to participate in safety training programs.
- Required to read and understand all Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on chemicals used in this job category.
- Ability to prioritize and complete required duties in a timely and efficient manner.
Pay: Salary-based, minimum wage – $16.00 per hour