Shop Porter Job in Colorado Springs
Honest Accurate Auto Service seeks qualified candidates to fill an open shop porter job at our Colorado Springs location. Honest Accurate is a locally owned business that provides automotive maintenance and repair services to our friends and neighbors in the Pikes Peak region. We are proud to be known for our integrity, customer service and commitment to transparency.
Automotive Service Porter Job Description
As an automotive porter, your role is key to the entire operation and overall presentation of the shop. We are judged by the cleanliness of our customers’ vehicles after we have performed maintenance. You will be in charge of the final product presented to the customer at the end of their service. As a courtesy, your primary responsibility is to clean and detail our customers’ vehicles. This includes vacuuming the vehicle, wiping down doors and dashes and washing windows.
Additionally, the vehicle porter is also responsible for the cleanliness of the shop. Duties include trash removal, mopping, draining of oil buckets, organizing products and bringing cars in the shop at the end of the day. As the shop porter your role is vital to the operation and flow of the shop.
Major Duties and Responsibilities for the Car Porter Job
The statements below are intended to serve as a basic shop porter job description. They describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the assistant. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required by the employee. Employees may perform other duties as assigned in the auto porter job.
- Perform daily clean-up duties in shop bays, wash bay, tire area and all other areas of the shop. This includes picking up rags, emptying trash, emptying oil containers, disposing oil filters, filling windshield washer containers, sweeping and washing floors in all areas of the shop, cleaning wash basin area and cleaning windows as needed. Assist in keeping the shop organized in a safe, clean and healthy environment.
- Provide daily customer vehicle cleaning as needed, including washing the outside of customer vehicles, vacuuming the interior and cleaning the vinyl/leather surfaces.
- Monitor and provide company vehicle cleaning as needed to include washing the outside, vacuuming the interior of vehicle and cleaning windows.
These services should be completed in a thorough, professional and timely manner without sacrificing quality. You must work in a cooperative manner as a team with all other employees, managers and office personnel. You may also be asked to perform other duties deemed necessary and/or appropriate by management or owners beyond the car porter job description shared in this posting.
Additional Shop Porter Duties:
- Promote teamwork and cooperative efforts.
- Help train and give guidance to other employees when appropriate.
- Maintain clean, safe and unobstructed work areas, practice good safety habits, and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
- Provide both internal and external customers with the highest quality of products and services.
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes.
- Promote a positive and professional atmosphere.
- Maintain a neat professional appearance along with safe attire (appropriate dress, shoes, safety equipment, etc.).
Minimum Requirements for the Automotive Porter Job:
- A valid Colorado driver’s license and a clean driving record will be a requirement at initial hiring. This valid Colorado driver’s license and clean driving record must be maintained. Not maintaining a license and clean record will be grounds for immediate termination.
- Ability to read and understand written or oral instructions.
- Ability to use basic hand or power tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to chronologically file by numbers and by alphabet.
- Required to bend, stoop, reach or remain standing for extended periods of time.
- Required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- No known allergies to industrial chemicals used in the work area.
- Requires good or correctable eyesight.
- Required to participate in medical training/screening or monitoring programs.
- Required to participate in safety training programs.
- Required to read and understand all Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on chemicals used in this job category.
- Ability to prioritize and complete required duties in a timely and efficient manner.