Experiencing an automobile accident can be very traumatic and stressful…do not let the repair process make things even worse. Here are a few tips you may want to use when selecting an automotive body shop:
· Does the body shop offer a warranty and for how long? Many reputable body shops will offer a lifetime warranty on their workmanship.
· Do the shop’s technicians receive accredited, on-going training? Keeping up with the latest technology is critical.
· Is the office and shop neat, clean and organized? Ask to take a tour of where the cars are actually repaired. Do you like what you see? If not, keep shopping.
· Get estimates from multiple shops. A referral from your insurance company may not be in your best interest.
· The cheapest estimate may not be the whole story…ask lots of questions to make sure you will be receiving the service and quality work you should expect.
· Will the body shop be using new OEM (original equipment manufacturers) parts, used/salvage parts or aftermarket parts? The fit and finish varies significantly.
· Check with the BBB for the body shop’s reputation and how they resolved complaints (if they had any).
· Ask your friends/co-workers…they will be happy to share their good experiences and steer you away from the shops that do marginal work.
Regardless of who you chose to do your auto body work, insist upon honesty and accuracy in the services you receive…you will be glad you did!