Air Conditioning System Check
Don’t be caught in the heat of summer with your Air Conditioning (A/C) on the fritz…especially if you are headed on a road trip. There is nothing worse than a carload of grumpy kids (or husband and wife!) stuck in a hot car for hours!
Honest Accurate Auto Service can do a quick temperature check and assessment of A/C leaks, one of the reasons your A/C system may quit working. Let’s help make sure you will be able to “keep your cool” on your road trip.
Are you noticing any of the following?
- Air coming out is not as cold as it used to be (we will be happy to do a complimentary vent temperature check)
- The fan (blower) does not work, or is making strange noises
- Car is overheating when the air conditioning is on
- Leaks from the A/C system (sometimes not visible, but can be tested for)
- Vehicle having trouble switching back and forth from heating to cooling
If so, we can help! First, we will diagnose the problem. It may be as simple as a blown fuse, dirty cabin filter, or low refrigerant level. We will always check for the simplest fix first.
Maybe an “evacuate and recharge” of the A/C system is required. This process involves recovering the refrigerant fluid, removing the impurities and deposits from the old refrigerant, and then restoring the refrigerant level to the manufacturer’s recommendations. If the level of refrigerant is very low, there may be a leak in the system that will require repair.
If the problem is more complex, requiring replacement of the compressor, condenser, evaporator or other critical component. In any of the above situations, our Service Advisor’s will advise you of the cost of the repair and you can make the decision whether to go ahead with the repair or not.
Let us help you stay cool and comfortable in the summer!