Service Advisor Job Description
As a service advisor at Honest Accurate, you will be the first and last person to interact with the customer. Your presentation, transparency, and relationship with the customer is imperative to changing the customer perception of what an auto repair shop should be.
Building lasting relationships with our most valued customers is paramount and it is how we maintain the family-owned persona we have built over the past 30 years. Our customers feel valued and listened to.
You will be in charge of the customer and their vehicle from start to finish. You will write their repair order noting their concerns in detail so that our technicians can fix their concern to the best of their ability.
Your communication, with the customer and the technician, throughout the repair process is key to maintaining a positive experience for the customer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the service advisor. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required by the employee. Employees may perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow leadership on the front counter as it relates to customer service and work side-by-side with our Shop Foreman in determining what work is required on each car and the parts and labor necessary for that repair.
- Must have the ability to use automotive point-of-sale software for communications between the customer and our accounting. These services should be completed in a thorough, professional, and timely manner without sacrificing quality.
- Work as a team to meet daily goals by assisting all employees which includes other technicians, service advisors, office personnel and facilities.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, clean and healthy environment in the shop.
- Perform any and all other duties deemed necessary and/or appropriate by management or owners.
In addition, all employees are expected to:
- Promote teamwork and cooperative efforts.
- Help train and give guidance to other employees when appropriate.
- Provide both internal and external customers with the highest quality of products and services.
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes.
- Promote a positive and professional atmosphere.
- Maintain a neat professional appearance along with safe attire (appropriate dress, shoes, safety equipment, etc.).
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Experience as an automotive service advisor is appreciated but not a requirement.
- A valid Colorado driver’s license and a clean driving record will be a requirement at initial hiring. This valid Colorado driver’s license and clean driving record must be maintained. Not maintaining a license and clean record will be grounds for immediate termination.
- Ability to read and understand written or oral instructions.
- Ability to use basic hand or power tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to chronologically file by numbers and by alphabet.
- Required to bend, stoop, reach or remain standing for extended periods of time.
- Required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- No known allergies to industrial chemicals used in the work area.
- Requires good or correctable eyesight.
- Required to participate in medical training/screening or monitoring programs.
- Required to participate in safety training programs.
- Required to read and understand all Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on chemicals used in this job category.
- Ability to prioritize and complete required duties in a timely and efficient manner.
Pay: Salary-based, $15.00 – $50.00 per hour